WHAT WE COLLECT AND STORE AUTOMATICALLY
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the Internet domain (for example, “your_internet_provider.com”) and IP address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet provider whenever you surf the Internet) from which you access our web site;
- the location of your Internet domain;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you visit on our site; and
- if you linked to our web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
Please note that this information does not collect your name or identify you personally in any way.
We use the information we collect automatically to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
We make no attempt to link the information we collect automatically with the individuals that actually visit our web site.
IF YOU SEND US E-MAIL
If you send us an e-mail, the e-mail is sent to the individual in your e-mail. We do not collect or store any information contained in the e-mail on our web site server.
The recipient of the e-mail will know your e-mail address, your name if your e-mail provider appends your name to the e-mail, and any other personal information you choose to provide in your e-mail. We will use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request, and for no other purpose.
IF YOU FILL OUT A FORM ON OUR WEB SITE
If you fill out an online form on our web site, the information contained in the form is e-mailed to the individual identified on the form. We do not collect or store any information contained in the e-mail on our web site server.
The recipient of the e-mail will know your e-mail address and any other personal information you choose to provide in the form. We will use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request, and for no other purpose.
IF YOU JOIN OUR MAIL LIST
If you join our e-mail list, we may send you e-mail about action alerts, news about the Dells of the Wisconsin River, upcoming events and other information in furtherance of our mission.
Our e-mail lists are stored offline. We do not store our e-mail lists on our web site server.
We do not share our e-mail list with outside organizations or individuals.
CONTROLLING THE ASSAULT OF NON-SOLICITED PORNOGRAPHY AND MARKETING ACT OF 2003
We comply with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
To this end, e-mails we send to our e-mail list:
- offer members of our e-mail list a clear means of opting-out from the receipt of future messages;
- include our mailing address (ADDRESS) within the body of the e-mail;
- do not use false or misleading header information;
- do not attempt to deceive e-mail recipients by using deceptive subject lines;
and, we do not:
- use automated means to harvest e-mail addresses from web sites or web services;
- generate e-mail addresses using programmatic methods; or
- share our e-mail list with outside organizations or individuals.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT OF 1998
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
We do not knowingly collect identifiable personal information from children under age 13.
If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with any personally identifiable information, we will delete that information from our systems.
We are unable to reply to information requests from children under the age of 13, if so identified. A parent or guardian must initiate any requests for information from children under the age of 13 on their behalf. We encourage parents to supervise children when they browse the Internet.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES